1:30:00 PM
11
As I continue to build relationships through my Facebook page some of my followers are emailing me with recipes and the results are so amazing that I don't want to loose them as the year goes by. One of these recipes came again from Miranda from a recipe that she showed me and was looking for advice.

This recipe uses the cinnamon red hot candies which in the past I was chastised for using in "canning and preserving" when I posted on my page. Some are purest but the picture of these jars seemed to cull the negative reactions. This is a very simple but classic recipe that leaves your kitchen a sweet apple cinnamon smell all through the day. Thanks Miranda for the recipe and photograph.

Miranda's Cinnamon Redhot-Pink Lady Apple Wedges


4 cups water
1 1/2 cup red-hot candies
2/3 cup sugar
6 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered

Directions
In a large saucepan, bring the water, candies and sugar to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir until candies and sugar are dissolved.
Reduce heat; carefully add apples. Cook in sugar mixture for 10 minutes on low.  Turn off the heat for 10 minutes to let the apples suck up the syrup then just heat them back up to a simmer. Turn off the heat and with a slotted spoon, transfer apples into pint size jars then fill with the sweet liquid. Fill to ½” headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, add lid/rings. Process in water bath canner 15 minutes.





Popular Posts

FACEBOOK LINK

Shoot me an Email!

Name

Email *

Message *

Shop Now

Canning Accessories

Pressure Canners