6:59:00 PM
3
One of the most popular and sought after recipes has to be ways to make your fruity cocktail drink into a jam. Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, Strawberry Margarita, and one of my favorite requests, a Fuzzy Navel (peach schapps & Orange juice).

So when I saw Darcie's post about making a Pineapple Jam and she was using Coconut flavored rum, Was it possible to make the Pina Colada into a reality? I don't drink often enough to even know that there was a coconut flavored alcohol without cream. But she did it and I was so excited for the recipe.
From Darcie: "I really like the lime juice in it. It calms the sweetness down and makes it a little more interesting."

Darcie's Pina Colada Jam
3 cups crushed pineapple **
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup lime juice
½ cup coconut rum
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons Ball flex-batch Classic pectin

Preparation:
  1. Mix pineapple, orange juice, lime juice and coconut rum in large stockpot. Gradually stir in pectin.
  2. Over high heat, bring to a boil that can’t be stirred down. Add sugar all at once. Stir to dissolve. Return to boil. Boil hard for one minute.
  3. Ladle into hot, sterilized jars with ¼ inch headspace. Wipe rims. Add heated lid. Screw on ring, making it finger tight. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Make 4 half pints.
**To get 3 cups pineapple: Cut of the top and bottom of one large pineapple. Trim off the outside taking care to remove all the eyes. Core and cut in chunks. Crush in food processor. (Next time I would just pulse it for a little chunkier jam. I had it running on low as I was putting the pieces in, and some of it was more pureed than crushed.)
Print Friendly and PDF

Popular Posts

FACEBOOK LINK

Shoot me an Email!

Name

Email *

Message *

Shop Now

Canning Accessories

Pressure Canners